Financial planning goes far beyond the numbers. It helps you be purposeful and strategic in how you will use your time and financial resources.
The process begins by focusing on where you are today and where you want to be in the future. It helps answer questions such as:
- “How much do I need?”
- “Where do I need to focus right now?”
- “Is my family protected?”
Planning is not a one-time activity. Your plan is continually monitored and, if required, adjusted based on your changing needs throughout life.
Below is a partial list of topics covered by financial planning.
Budgeting & Cash Flow
Common questions answered through budgeting and cash flow planning:
- Where is our money going?
- Should we pay off the mortgage?
- Should we refinance?
- How much do we need in an emergency fund?
- Should I use a Roth IRA?
- How much do we need to save for retirement or college?
- Social Security Claiming Strategies
- Pension Planning
- Retirement Roadmap
- Lifetime Income Strategies
- Withdrawal Strategies
- Legacy Planning
- College Savings Plans (529 Plans)
- Investment Planning & Management
- Cash Flow Management
- Tax Efficient Portfolios
- Roth Conversions
- Asset Location
- Tax Loss Harvesting
- Income Tax Planning
- Social Security & Income Tax
- Insurance Planning & Review
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Care Insurance
- Estate Planning
- Family Wealth Transfer
- Business Owner Succession Planning
- Liability Review & Planning
Small Business Planning
- Retirement Plans
- Business Strategy & Cash Flow Planning
- Business Insurance Planning
- Tax Management